I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift."

-Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines

Sunday, March 6, 2011

round 2

My favorite place on this entire wonderful planet is Camp Tecumseh. Ever since I was but a wee 8 year old, I have been spending my summers there. It's a fabulous place that has many magical things like baked oatmeal, the black hole, the blob, flies at lunch, and mud hikes. Singing and screaming and laughing can be heard round the clock and there are pretty much always smiles on every face. So last summer I got to be a CILT- camper in leadership training! I was at camp learning to be a super awesome leader for 2 whole weeks with some outstanding people who I grew to love very quickly. LUCKILY we had a reunion in December at which not only did I get to see my friends from the summer, I got to see other CILTS who went to camp later that summer, too! It was wonderful. That reunion was such a good time and it was so sad to go home when it was over.

Today I received fabulous news that filled me with an outstanding amount of joy. WE ARE HAVING A REUNION NUMBER TWO. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN CAMP HISTORY. MARCH 19 & 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best. day. ever.
memory time:



















1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I love this so much. I cannot wait for everyone to be together again. Thank goodness we only have to wait two weeks!

    ReplyDelete