I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift."

-Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines

Thursday, February 17, 2011

do i get to be on both blogs?!

Today was a really great day. First I got to have lunch at Paradise. That was super because the food is delicious and so are their cookies. Slight downside: red velvet cookies are disgusting there. After that I finally gave TJ his Valentine's Day cookies. It was good to see him for a few minutes. Best part of today was for sure spending so much time with Sarah Wright. 

I love her. She is such a good listener and always knows just what to say. We got Chipotle together then went to North Central to watch Molls in her show choir performance. When we got there, we found out we were an hour early, so we left to grab some Huddles before the show. Since we were still early, we got front row seats!!! The performance was incredible.







After Molly's choir, Descants, a different choir called Counterpoints went on. They started out with a 'Welcome Home Boys!' sort of theme and lots of girls had signs to show their 'husbands' who were returning from war. This was our favorite:


Basically, Sarah, Molls, Chipotle, Huddles, Paradise Cafe, TJ, and show choir are all things that fill me with joy. So today was a pretty good day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment