I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift."

-Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines

Saturday, January 1, 2011

new years day

I started today off by un-decorating the christmas tree. Needless to say, it was a pretty boring morning. However, after I finished up with that, I got to go to Charleston's for lunch with some of my most favorite people ever! 


Lauren, Katie, Katie, and Brea are all in college, but Angela still goes to school with me. It's always so fun when I get to see them and catch up on what's been going on in everyone's lives. I especially enjoyed the crazy college roommate stories and nostalgic talk of old times.


Right after lunch, I went to Best Buy and got a super awesome Wii game called 'just dance'. It's the best. I'm horrible at it-- my little brother beat me three times in a row. That's okay though because the game is still a blast and I had fun spending time with him.


My favorite part of today was dinner. I got to see THE BEST people EVER. Now, Camp Tecumseh is a place that brings me so much joy. I love it there so much and wish I could spend more time there than I get to. However, what brings even more joy  than camp itself are the people I meet and spend time with. The people at camp are so amazing and loving and awesome. So naturally seeing many of them today was my favorite part! We had dinner at Noodles.

I got Diet Coke, as usual.


Emily Chase didn't blink for an entire 4 minutes!!!


I got to see Maggie, who lives out of state. . . 


And Maddie, who lives in state but far away. . .


And my new best friend Molly, who I love a TON!


Plus lots of other awesome people who make me super happy and joyful. And the whole restaurant was fortunate enough to see Emily and Avery bust a move at the end of dinner.


 

Oh and Molly got her wisdom teeth out....



 After dinner I went to see The Tourist with TJ. We ran into some other friends, too and all of us got the absolute worst seats in the theater. Thankfully, the movie was worth the bad seats. It was great with a killer surprise ending that no one saw coming.


2011 has started off pretty strong-- here's to hoping I can continue to find joy throughout the rest of this fantastic new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment